We are really happy to finally announce the softPop ! Since the first public preview at the Superbooth we have pushed its design even further, fine tuned its inner workings but most importantly we have developed anodised aluminium enclosure with laser engraving. That gives the machine durability boost and empowers its portability.
softPop is a playfully organic, semi-modular light and sound synthesizer with wide variety of sounds: from random dripping water pops to heavy subtractive basslines. Its fully analog core consisting of a heavily feedbacked system of dual triangle-core oscillators, state variable filter and sample and hold is played through an intuitive interface of 6 faders that provide countless combinations which can be explored by anyone. It can also process external audio thru the filter while using the envelope follower to intuitively synchronise to the incoming signal. Extensive mini patchbay offers lots of reconfigurability and 3 jacks A,B,C can be used to send signals in or out of the patch bay. Battery operation, built in speaker and carrying handle make it the ultimate picnic boombox! The analog soul is enhanced by a quantize feature (auto-tune) and pattern generator with two memories P1 and P2. For adventurous and courageous souls there is a secret chamber in the back for hacking & modding.
Pricing and availability
softPop is available now for pre-order at noise.kitchen and select dealers for 309 EUR excl. Tax
The first batch of preorders will ship late August 2017. Additional wooden handle backplate is available as separate accessory.
- fully analog core and signal path
- 6 faders for controlling two VCOs and VCF and their cross modulations
- two wide range triangle-core VCOs 0 & 1
- quantizer for VCO 0 (auto-tuner)
- VCO 1 has variable waveshape via the modulation setting
- ∞ resonant state variable VCF (bandpass, lowpass, highpass)
- external input with gain and envelope follower for intuitive sync of VCO 1
- track & hold circuit for stepped modulations
- looping pattern generator with two patterns P1 and P2
- RGB led for psychedelic experience
- 25-point patchbay
- secret hack chamber at the back for adventurers
- aluminum body enclosure
- built-in speaker
- size 15 x 11 x 5 cm
- wooden handle backplate as accessory (sold separately)