MIDI Bastl is a clever MIDI module for Bastl Instruments Trinity chain of instruments to add input or output MIDI connector. It can also convert MIDI Clock to different kinds of clock – Korg Volca / Monotribe, Gameboy Nanoloop / LSDJ, DIN Sync 24 or 48.
- jumpers to select functionality and routing of the MIDI connector (with chain connectors and sync dev. area)
- MIDI I/O
- Attiny 85 based development area for almost endless sync possibilities (firmware for attiny still in development)
- converts MIDI clock to CV clock (4 PQN and 12 PQN) for Korg Volca/Monotribe, Modular, Gameboy Nanoloop/LSDJ (done)
- converts MIDI clock to din sync 24 /48 (the start pin needs one solder bridge to be in the sync mini jack – see tutorial HERE)
Standalone use: MIDI Bastl has no power jack and is powered via the side connectors from an instrument. For standalone use you need to make a power jack adaptor. On the circuit board, there are clearly marked spots to which you can solder the power jack cable. See this tutorial for more info.
- standalone use – adding power jack
- DIN sync start pin the mini jack
- converts any clock to MIDI clock
- merge MIDI signals (from connector and from chain)
- CV & Gate to MIDI notes
- CV to MIDI CC