So ! what is the upgrade about?
- adds new feature to change the sample by CV
- the threshold for changing samples corresponds to 1 semitone of quantized voltage
- if CV changes the sample is changed at the threshold or is changed only at the rising gate signal (depending on the mode)
- minor UI bug fixes
- more stable
- improved stability when functioning with SPA
How to access the new feature?
Hold the FN button and press the UP button as if you were activating the GRAIN SYNC feature.
Now there are 4 states:
- GRAIN SYNC
- CHANGE SAMPLE ON RISING GATE (blinking LED + letters moving on the display)
- CHANGE SAMPLE ON CHANGE IN CV (LED ON and letters moving on the display)
Note: all grandPa shipped in 2015 are version 1.0 … grandPas shipped in 2016 are 1.1
SPA Updated, too
With this update we also have update on SPA which also had few bugs so the stability of these two is now much better!!!
To get the SPA upgrade just add note the your order of grandPa upgrade pack and we will add it for free! (just write: “please include SPA chip”)
NOTE: to get grandPa and SPA working perfectly we highly recommend to get both upgrades!
HOW TO UPGRADE
- get the upgrade pack – either from our shop or from your local dealer (starts shipping early January)
- and watch this video…
if you have hacker soul you can try to upload a hex- file to the atmega using method in the readme file of this repository: https://github.com/bastl-instruments/production (because it is sometimes a lot of hassle we cannot promise much tech support for that option)